From Belinda's Newsroom
Hung up the ropes for the last time today. Twelve graduations in the books for my twelve years on the MCSD Board of Education. Graduation is the payday! It’s what we strive for everyday, we want every student to graduate a Spartan. It was particularly sweet to have it be the kids I taught “Learning for Life” back when they were tiny first graders. I don’t leave office for another six months but I’m going to treasure every “last” moment in the meantime. #WeAreMurray #SPAROn #congratulationsclassof2022
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=18lYdqzMean09TUVyivrK007Dvo3A5LKQ&usp=sharing What area does the new House District 35 comprise? Check out this map and give me a shout out if you are in my
When I was first asked to run for the Murray City School District Board of Education nearly 12 years ago, I had no idea how much it would change my life and how much I would learn. And until a few weeks ago I never saw myself going further in politics. But here we are! A big opportunity has come my way and I will be running for the Utah House of Representatives in the “new” District 35.
My passion is children and their education. I believe that our school system should prepare children to be capable adults who are ready to be part of the work force and have a positive influence on our community. To succeed students, need the adults in their world to give them the tools they need to learn and grow, and to lead them by example.
Besides education I also feel strongly about supporting our current military, as well as our veterans. These men and women are why we have the freedoms we do today. I also, in recent years, have taken a keen interest in the farmers and ranchers of our state and the challenges they face every day.
My Life Experiences
My History, My Family and More!
- Current Member of the Murray City School District Board of Education
- Current Board Member Murray Education Foundation
- Former member of Murray City School District Bond Committee for Hillcrest Junior High and districtwide seismic upgrades
- Current Member of the Utah High School Activities Association (UHSAA) Board of Trustees – Currently representing the 5A Classification
- Current member of the UHSAA Constitution & By-Laws Committee
- Current member of the UHSAA Finance Committee
- Current member of the UHSAA Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Current member of the UHSAA Women’s Wrestling Committee
- Former member of the UHSAA Sportsmanship Committee
- Special Needs Adult Program Coordinator
- Former member of Parkside Elementary & Hillcrest Junior High Community Councils
After graduating from Westminster College with a bachelor’s degree in Secondary Education and Social Sciences, my career path took an atypical route. Efforts to support my son in his speech delays meant extended work with children in my local community and schools. This led to many days working in the PTA, running book fairs and teaching enrichment classes.
After just two years living in Murray, I was asked to run for the Board of Education. Three election cycles later it has been one of my greatest accomplishments.
Even more important to me, however, is the work I’ve done to support my family. We are small but mighty and fiercely loyal. Last year we grew by one when our daughter was married, and the fun continues as a family of five. Our family moto is “Go Do Great Things”, and we live by the creed “work hard, play hard.” Playing hard includes playing card games every Sunday evening and traveling together.